Kingman Unified School Board of Education is required by law (ARS §15-841) to ensure that “students shall comply with the policy, pursue the required course of studies, and submit to the authority of the teachers, school administrators and school board.” The law further states that “continued open defiance of authority, or habitual profanity and vulgarity, constitute good cause for expulsion.”
The Governing Board interprets the above statute to be that the administration and faculty are specifically directed not to tolerate disrespect, insubordination, or disobedience under any circumstances. Consistent with student’s due process rights, school authorities will discipline students based on the nature of the offense committed and the disciplinary history of the offender to preserve the good order and educational climate of the school.
Mt. Tipton School students are expected to maintain high standards of performance in all area of school achievement. This achievement is based on responsibility and self-discipline. Maintaining these standards in every learning situation is a sincere
expectation for each student.
Students are expected to:
- Carry their I.D. Cards
- Arrive at each class on time and be ready to work before the tardy bell rings.
- Bring required materials to class: that is, a notebook, pen/pencil, covered textbook, gym equipment, and other necessary items.
- Take care of personal business–going to lockers, and using restrooms before school, during passing periods, or at their lunch break.
- Complete required class work and assignments on time.
- Leave all food and drinks in trashcans outside of the buildings and clean up after themselves by disposing of refuse appropriately.
- Display courtesy to everyone at all times.
- Be a positive, creative, and cooperative member of class, school, neighborhood, and community.
- Wear standardized shirts/attire.
Students are NOT to: